rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A data-driven analysis: should you “double text/respawn/reinitiate” dead leads?

A data-driven analysis: should you “double text/respawn/reinitiate” dead leads?

Interesting data, props to you for compiling. A few thoughts.

Quote: (10-21-2018 11:29 AM)corsega Wrote:  

However, you did bring up an interesting point: typically I won't respawn after meeting a girl for the first time, because I feel like if she doesn't respond to the initial post-date text it's a very clear sign she's not interested.

I agree with this. Even in our ADD society, its basic social norm to txt back after a date if you want to keep it going. If you've already been on a date with a girl and she doesn't answer your text, she almost surely isn't interested.

Quote: (10-20-2018 09:02 PM)corsega Wrote:  

You'll note that none of these are true "double texts" a lá JMULV: getting a girl's number, having her go cold, and after a few days/weeks sending a ping text that magically revives her and leads to the notch.

I see what you're saying, but that "true" framework that you're going by is WAY too rigid and doesn't really make sense logically. To me, both the first and second example are clear restarts; the other two basically are as well. The girl didn't answer, so you hit her up again, and eventually fucked her. Just because it doesn't fit that framework directly doesn't mean that its an invalid observation.

Quote: (10-21-2018 05:04 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Sending a restart text is very very small amount of effort.

Even if its a 1% conversion rate from random chance (shes bored, just got dumped, horny, whatever) its still worth 10 seconds of your time to take a shot.

THIS. Your time is valuable, but 10 seconds isn't exactly a lot of time. And 10 seconds might actually be overstating it. Your 350 restarts took up a grand total of less than an hour over the course of several years.

I don't have any specific data to offer since I don't track this sort of stuff, but I can remember two bangs from restart texts.

1) Girl I matched off Tinder, got #, txtd back and forth, and she flaked on date last minute saying her car broke down and then ghosted. I hit her back again with a direct/humorous comment, she came out on a datem and on the second date we had sex. I asked her afterwards if her car had actually broken down and she said that it did, and she felt embarassed afterwards to text me since she felt bad about flaking. Maybe full of shit but who knows.

2) Girl I met at a club, had good rapport and made out, but she then bailed with friends. I texted her my typical txt and got no answer. Hit her up again about meeting up at night, she happened to be in the area, we met out and went home together. Never asked why she didn't answer me initially but her phone had dozens of texts, so maybe she just didn't notice.

For me, its worth a restart if you feel like you and the chick were vibing and that there's something there to be salvaged. Hard to put a rigid framework on it, just something that you should have with experience. And for restarts while on Tinder, those are super low-probability, but you can send them while you take a shit. Not really high effort.

Messages In This Thread