rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Outside of getting laid, how did bettering yourself improve your life?

Outside of getting laid, how did bettering yourself improve your life?

@TheFinalEpic - How did you get to that mentality though? In my experience to gain such mentality in an area you can't just assume a mentality, you need to have had experiences that led you to having such a mentality.

Quote: (10-27-2018 09:51 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

the guys I see who are single after 30 are either bitter old dudes with not much going for them, MGTOW neckbeards that I would not want to be anything like and then the rare Dan Bilzerian.

I think if you're not earning decent money by thirty then you should probably think about settling down. If you're attractive and have funds (I think most guys can be a 7.5 with fitness and a wardrobe) then you have little to worry about. There will always be some availability of women in your own country; and in terms of the usual destinations you will be able to pick something nice up without too much trouble whatever age you are.

I am just post thirty and about half of my social circle is married or as good as. One guy I know has turned 33 and he's really fucked - poor genetics, deep blue pill, soy-based mentality, receding hairline, growing belly and tits, currently no career path. If I try and drop anything in about the parameters of the game he gets upset. He'd rather live in the constructs of how he'd like the world to be, rather than how it actually is. And he's well on the way to ending up with a post-wall with kids and thinking it's a sweet deal.

As for bettering yourself, at the moment I'm working on Jordan Peterson's Self Authoring program. The first part of this is to write about 15,000 words about key experiences of your life and then analyse them. I didn't find that was enough words. So I've been writing out my entire life, which will be about 100,000 words in total. This had included lots of things I'd rather not think about, embarrassing things and things I thought were of little significance. When it's all put together you start to notice patterns. So far I've had three major epiphanies as to why I have turned out as I have.

I've thought of various experiences and thoughts from my past often, but it was only by writing them all down that I've been able to make any sense of them.

To give you an idea, if you ask someone, "Why do you like the music you like?"

They will probably answer something like, "I like it. It resonated with me." That doesn't tell you any more than you already knew. I find people can't give any meaningful answer to this question. It's just fluff.

But after doing this I can tell you why, on a very deep level, I liked the various types of music I've liked at various points in my life.

Undertaking this will help you better understand who you really are and shave away your false perceptions and willing blind spots.

This is the first part of self-improvement. Seeing who you are and then working from there.

It's relatively easy to have a red-pill view of the world, to see it for what it really is. But to view your self through the red-pill lens means honestly looking at the parts of yourself you don't like or would rather ignore.

The reason I'm doing this is because it's a precursor of the next stage, which is planning for my future. I've been formulating a rough outline of what I will do from next year, which will be a big leap and I have a mental block against doing it. I'm working on trying to fit my real shape into a planned future.

To do this:

1) divide your life into eras and period within them
2) start writing down your life, including that which you think isn't that important; 70% of what I've written is not important, but if I wasn't writing down everything I'd have missed out 70% of what most important
3) also keep two files to note down realisations and things you want to write about that come to mind that are in a different period - you will forget them otherwise
4) go through everything analysing what you were trying to trying to do and how it affected you

Messages In This Thread