rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Orange Theory

Orange Theory

I took advantage of the free class today. There were 23-24 people. 3 guys, the rest were women. A couple were decent looking. Most were between 28-50. I was the oldest guy.

The location near me is new so things are a bit chaotic. In general, that’s how I’d describe the nature of the class.

I burned 802 calories. Only one guy topped me on that metric and he was at least 10 years younger than me. I think only 3-4 women broke the 600 calorie mark. They also focus on how much time you spend in zones which are color coded (blue, green, orange, red). Most people are green flouring their resting state. About half the class spent brief periods in the red zone (which means they were moving flat out, wide open throttle). They want to see people mostly in the orange zone, which is where I spent 50% or more of the class.

I’ll say this much. There is legitimacy to this concept. My class ended over an hour ago, it’s 40 degrees outside, I’m wearing a t shirt and jeans and I’ve just barely stopped sweating and I can still feel my core temp is quite high. The only flaw in their model is that they Rely on subtle peer pressure to get people to perform by posting your biometrics on a big screen along with everyone else. In addition, they need to have beginner classes, especially once the place gets going. A lot of people who are new to it and lacking confidence will get discouraged and stop coming if they see themselves being left in the dust by everyone else.

Then there’s the issue of price. Yesterday I did an hour of cardio on the treadmill and burned 650 calories in a mix of running and walking(mostly walking). Today I burned 800 doing a mix. Had I been properly rested I could have pushed 1000. But I could burn 1000 on a treadmill if I ran for an hour. And it wouldn’t cost anything more than my standard membership at the local place I’ve been using.

It’s $80/month for 4 classes/month. 4 classes is not enough for anyone IMO.
It’s $120/month for 8 classes. IMO, if this is your sole workout venue, 8 classes is the bare minimum, and many will not see good results unless they workout on their own time.
$180 gets you unlimited classes. If you can manage 4 classes per week, you’ll start seeing massive changes. That would be ideal for most women, but I think for men, you’ve still got to do some weight training.

Messages In This Thread