rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

China outside of Beijing or Shanghai?

China outside of Beijing or Shanghai?

As an example of third tier city in China I'll tell you guys my experience:

Two years ago I spent four days in Guilin, Guangxi province. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilin
This city has around 4 million people (Small/very small for Chinese standards), it's located in south western China, about 3 or 4 hours by fast train from Shenzhen.
The city has nothing really special, other than being near to Yangshuo. In those four days I met no girl whatsoever that could hold a conversation in English, not one. Online game and night game (Very little going on). I guess an an experience it can be interesting but for girls, going to such places without Mandarin, it's suicidal. Sure, there will be some girls who speak the language but you will need a serious amount of time to find them and be ready for lots of rejections based on not being able to communicate.

I've also spent a few days in Tianjin, this is a larger city near Beijing. Around 10 million people. It was still challenging to find English speakers.Considering Chinese girls are not very sexual (for the most part) and the need to speak the language, I recommend sticking with the biggest cities in the country + Hong Kong or going somewhere else in Asia. I personally like Taiwan.

Messages In This Thread