rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When did you first start travelling, and what was your motivation?

When did you first start travelling, and what was your motivation?

Quote: (10-14-2018 02:35 PM)scotian Wrote:  

When I was 16 in 1999 I did a year abroad in SW France; lived with a family, went to high school, played hockey and smoked a bunch of Moroccan hash. I traveled solo a bit around the EU, drinking, partying and chasing pussy. It was a great time, the world was a different place back then, especially Europe. I went back a couple of times when I was 18 and 20 for hostel type back backing trips and had lots of fun but then I didn’t leave Canada for 7 years as I was focused on education, career and stacking cash.

Travel is fun but don’t become obsessed about to the point where you’re 30+ and still staying at hostels.

Do people really still stay at hostels past their early 30s? Call me surprised.

I definitely won't let it get to my head, but i would like to backpack in the Balkans at least once before I'm 25 and visit a country in Asia again (Japan seems prohibitively expensive these days but who knows). I'd say those are modest goals. Thanks for sharing your story and giving advice, I really appreciate it.

Messages In This Thread