rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When did you first start travelling, and what was your motivation?

When did you first start travelling, and what was your motivation?

Just trying to gain some insight from some of the more experienced members of the forum. This might be better in the Travel section but the way I see it is that the choice to travel whether abroad or in your own country is one that's a kind of crossroads. You can plan a big trip or a small one, go for women to just to see the sights... there's a lot to consider. Some people just get on a plane and go if they're able to with their passport.

I myself have had thoughts of traveling to work in places as diverse as Korea, Serbia, Mainland China and Taiwan, Indonesia, Albania... the main motivation is that I want to see the world and get out of a not so good environment, despite worrying about maintaining friendships.
Something that I'm starting to realize though is that once I'm 23-28 or so I'll likely have the money and years established with friends that going abroad for three-six months won't negatively impact my life. That, and it's not like leaving where I am will mean I'm totally cut off from them. Did anyone else have similar hesitations when considering going abroad?

When you first got into traveling, what motivated you? What places did you want to see first? What age were you when you (if you did) decided to take on digital nomad-ing or pursue it?

Messages In This Thread