rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The truth about the Philippines

The truth about the Philippines

Quote: (10-20-2018 07:53 PM)OnlySightseeing Wrote:  

Yeah, I know. Just saying the Philippines has a lot of issues. The pussy still outweighs them, or I wouldn’t still be here.

Oh yeah, it has a few issues. But don't you have more fun there than anywhere else? Aren't people nicer, the women silkier?

Quote: (10-20-2018 08:00 PM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

You're forgetting the nurses/caretakers. There's an army of them, and the challenges faced by someone born in the Philippines to be hired as a nurse in a 1st world country are considerable. These are very hard working, conscientious individuals, overall.

If you're a nurse in the Phils, you don't make much, it's a massive jump in salary if you can pass all the requirements to be hired abroad. Then you're far away from home, in a culture where that's not easy on people. It's hard.

I didn't forget nurses actually. You're right that nurses are a special case. They are highly trained. However, only about 8000 leave the phil every year, compared to the number of seafarers or service workers that's a much smaller number. As you would expect for such a highly trained job which takes a lot of studying. They are very well trained in Phil. They do have an incentive to leave, indeed they can make better pay abroad and they do leave. But it just proves the point, they are generally not from well off backgrounds.

It's hard for all of these OFWs btw. Especially those in the Middle East where the very vast majority go, more than to East Asia even.

Messages In This Thread