rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The 99% Tumblr Blog

The 99% Tumblr Blog

Reading that has definetely made me appreciate the things that I have. I needed that reality check.

There's some good quotes on that blog:

Quote:Quote:

They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe in it.

I don't mean to add insult to injury, but how does a person go through 4 years of college and still not know how to properly spell?

[Image: tumblr_lsg8h4hsco1r25y9yo1_1280.jpg?AWSA...9AFmmBU%3D]

I think what we can all learn is to be more skeptical about what society expects of you, that nobody owes you anything, and that when s*** hits the fan, you better be prepared.

Don't take advice from people who have nothing to lose from the decisions you make. All those college kids listened to their counselors, parents, friends, etc. and ended up getting f******. The colleges just wanted money and told them anything that would get the kids to stay.

What I see that's so common among those is that they followed conventional "wisdom" and did what society expected of them only to have society f*** them in the ass. Things like "I was told that going to a top tier college would lead to a better life" and "Hard work is what the American Dream is about" is so common.

In a way, they kind of remind me of betas. "Being a nice guy and being dependable, honest, and caring will win a girl's heart because that's what women want."--only to never get the girl. Some people never learn.

Hello.

Messages In This Thread