rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The NPC meme

The NPC meme

Quote: (11-23-2018 03:35 PM)budoslavic Wrote:  

I didn't get it either. Since I had no knowledge of powerlifting - or whatever it's called these days - terminologies, I had to look it up.

This video gave me a basic understanding.

From reddit, Do you consider sumo cheating?
Quote:Quote:

i weigh about 146 on a slim day and 148 on a fatter day. today, a fat day, i pulled 375 on sumo. I know i shouldn't give a damn what people think but is the fact that i pulled sumo less impressive? it's with great form, no hitching, and good speed (though i don't feel like i had any more left in me after i pulled it).

I was just wondering what your opinion on sumo vs conventional is. not necessarily which you pull but which is considered a more powerful movement and more impressive.

Some comments:
tomismaximus 2 years ago
Cheating for what? In powerliftng it is allowed, in strongman it's not. in lifting in your gym it doesn't really matter whatsoever.

Sumo and conventional work the body a bit differently, so you can just do one as your "main" and one for an accessory movement. Or only do one, or do neither, it doesn't really matter unless you are competing.

MythicalStrength Strongman | r/Fitness MVP 8 points
Yes, but only because I compete in strongman, where it's against the rules.

If you aren't competing in something, you can't cheat.

So it's the same idea of the arched back bench press?
Powerlifting is a seriously respectable sport but the loopholes in the rules are fucking ridiculous

Messages In This Thread