rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The NPC meme

The NPC meme

Quote:Quote:

you can go your own path and make your personal value structure based on it.

I think this is very dangerous, even for geniuses. Because we aren't perfect, and sometimes being smart is even more dangerous, as we are able to rationalize all our faults as virtues, all our weaknesses as strengths.

If however you trust that values must come from a higher, unchanging, perfect source (God), you have a framework to evaluate your actions regardless of how they benefit you. It's impartial, and can never be changed to suit your needs or desires.

Personally, I became stronger, more stable, less beta, when I stopped basing my life on my own value structure, and instead accepted the values handed from on high (Christianity). In the beginning a lot didn't make sense, didn't feel pleasurable and wasn't immediately beneficial. But I persevered. I had faith. But not just that, I had blind faith, which is harder.

A man must have a code but why reinvent the wheel?

Messages In This Thread