rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The NPC meme

The NPC meme

Quote: (10-11-2018 10:32 PM)Donfitz007 Wrote:  

I believe that weed has a STRONG impact on the NPC state. In my opinion, weed is like meditation for some it can calm down the inner monologue and cause people to be great thinkers and innovators. For other, however, I feel it dumbs them down and turns them into mindless followers.

Also, NPC tend to use more emotion than logic, so it has to be some sort of correlation.

It's funny you mention both of these points, because when I heard of this NPC meme and lack of inner monologue, it immediately reminded me of why I gave up weed, especially when alone, and how so many people report a completely different experience to mine. I always struggled with sleep (and still do) because no matter how physically or mentally tired I am, as soon as I lay down and close my eyes, my inner monologue just goes into overdrive and it's hard to turn it off (incidentally, same when I'm taking a hot shower, which is why I started doing mostly cold ones). It's gotten a little bit better with prayer (as some people suggested here), but I still struggle with falling asleep (1 hour normally). But when I used to smoke weed regularly, I'd smoke before bedtime and then stay awake thinking for up to 4 hours, it was killing me. And even outside of sleep, it would just make my mind race with thoughts. Most people I relayed this to however would be shocked as for them it would calm them down and help them sleep. There's probably a handful of people who experience the same as me, most others do not - and it seems to be the NPC types who find weed shuts their mind even more than normal.

Now on to the emotion vs. logic - I don't think NPCs have emotions either, or at least, they are unable to emotionally relate in a non-programmed manner to non-generic stimuli. Perhaps it's more a spiritual issue than emotional, but it gets expressed through emotions too. For example, if you listen to a beautiful piece of music, you should be emotionally and spiritually moved, not necessarily thinking about the meters and harmonic theory behind it.

Most NPCs I have known personally are incapable of emotionally relating to beautiful music, art, or whatever - inlcuding ones that have studied musical theory for many years, but then are completely ok with listening to Taylor Swift or Madonna. These people react with anger to a few triggers but they are not emotionally involved on a deeper level with anything. They listen to crap generic music, watch crap generic movies and read (if they do) crap generic books, and they enjoy crap generic conversation - anything beyond this they have an adverse reaction, or no reaction at all. Some of them however have jobs that require some level of logical thinking (programmers, lawyers, doctors), but once outside of that narrow sphere, they are the most boring and predictable people, and it's sad how emotionally and spiritually dead they are.

Just my two cents.

Anyway, this meme is gold.

Messages In This Thread