rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The NPC meme

The NPC meme

Quote: (10-11-2018 10:32 PM)Donfitz007 Wrote:  

To add to what Caduceus (VERY nice post by the way), I believe that those people who are very smart and can react to things very quickly lived a life that installed those traits. For example, a very charismatic person may be a military brat, forced to make friends in different places. Another example could be a good salesman who could predict which who would or would not buy his product. That person could have lived a childhood full of hustling to live.

Your brain is a muscle and like all muscles, it can be trained. I believe NPC are simply people who are content with living off instinct and riding the wave. I feel most kids growing up don't have the inner monologue but instead grow into having one. a Higher sense of consciousness

Now my Controversial opinion, I believe that weed has a STRONG impact on the NPC state. In my opinion, weed is like meditation for some it can calm down the inner monologue and cause people to be great thinkers and innovators. For other, however, I feel it dumbs them down and turns them into mindless followers.

Also, NPC tend to use more emotion than logic, so it has to be some sort of correlation.

It's crazy to think how quickly things have changed, not relative to our fairly meagre lifespans, but the lifespan of Earth.

Up until maybe 150 years ago.

Imagine you're a primordial ooze RVFer, born in 1870, you covertly pick off a few slim chicks on the downlow (the church...), you're red pill as fuck because those were the times and you're jacked because you eat well and work hard on the farm, but by 1889 you're married to a slim cutie. You're 19 and your wife is 16-18.

What do you do? You and her pop out kids.

A lot of kids.

Because when infant mortality was 70%, having ten kids means if five survive you're lucky.

This is just the West; this was China 45 years ago and many parts of Africa today.

And then World War One happens, and America emerges as the dominant superpower.

I'm sure you've noticed that technology tends to take a jump forward after a big war.

But its no matter; if anything its better. Modern medicine has cut infant mortality down below 10% and your kids go to school. Your three sons help you around the house and with the animals after school, your two daughters help their mother keep the house clean and prepare dinner.

Life is getting faster but mostly all is good.

Eventually your kids grow up and marry at 19-21 as you did, by 22 they have 4-5 kids. Their sons fight in WWII.

Enter television.

You remember having seen a TV once as a boy, in the window of a big department store downtown.

WWII advances technology a fuck load. In the twilight years of your life you start to see everyone has a car and everyone has a TV. TV is ubiquitous by the time you die in 1957.

The first part of the 20th century was market by dramatic urbanization.

A smaller and more manageable house and property, better schooling (with longer hours) and the only animals to be fed are your dog Scooter and your cat Whiskers.

TV technology improves exponentially (as it is continuing to do today). With nothing for the kids to do, you plonk them in front of the TV.

TV has been controlled by (((Them))) since the start, so while it may not always have contained subversion, it always had the potential to.

Kids born in the early-mid Fifties were the first generation to be raised by television.

The Baby Boomers...I don't need to make a list but has any generation ever perpetuated more evil on the world?

They did the same to their kids. Born between 1975 and 1985 (notice kids born to women 24-27 years old and not 19-22 years old). Many of us are in this cohort.

TV is still big and going strong and most certainly pushes an agenda, but a new device to raise kids has stepped to the fore; the smartphone.

Encouragingly, there are still pockets of the internet where dissent is allowed and encouraged - hence based-as-fuck Generation Z.

But of course not everyone born to boomer parents is an NPC; Roosh isn't, I'm not, many of you aren't.

Because yes, I did watch a fuck ton of TV as a kid, but I also rode BMX, played hockey, caught frogs in the creek, smoked weed, chased girls and 'cruised around on a Thursday night'. By the time the internet became ubiquitous, I would have been 15-16.

Incidentally, as much bad press as video games got when I was a kid, that's where this meme came from, they're fully in the mainstream now (so they're a (((target)))) and they actually seem to do less to stifle individuality.

Yeah there's lots of NPCs, but not everyone is destined to become an NPC, even people born today.

So who are the NPCs?

The children and grandchildren of the Boomers who lived in urban settings and were raised by TV and told they're special unique snowflakes are the NPCs.

Think it's a reach?

Look back at my example of the guy born in 1880 who had eleven kids (five surviving).

Look at not where people have two or maybe three at most.

It's never been safer in human history to be a kid than in North America post 1950.

...But why do we have problems with helicopter parenting?

...oh yeah, because about fifteen years back TV told everyone that around every bush there was someone wanting to abduct (and probably rape) their kids.

Believing everything TV tells you makes you an NPC.

Messages In This Thread