rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sleep Management (Managing you sleep patterns with your lifestyle)

Sleep Management (Managing you sleep patterns with your lifestyle)

Quote: (10-09-2018 11:45 PM)Yeah Right Wrote:  

- Maximize sleep wherever you can during nights at all times. Try even sleeping from 12:00pm - 8:00am (to make it to 8 hours, especially if you live close to work).
- Try not to go out too late on the weekends (especially if you don't wind up with any women) so you don't get thrown off for workweeks.
- Be very disciplined about everything you do with sleep and your daily activities.
- Practice being a good sleeper (learn to fall asleep quickly, get up well).
- Avoid napping after the workday is over unless it's Friday or before a day off.
- Maintain a good diet and exercise regularly (not too late).
- Catch up with as much sleep as possible on the weekends/days off.
- Follow all the other miscellaneous stuff (avoid caffeine past 2pm, avoid emotional/other problems that consume your mind during the day, schedule your tasks beforehand to maximize the day, etc.)

Great post, i would like to highlight these two since they're very important. I used to go out a lot, until late night. My friends and i would go out and party until 5 or 6 AM and get home with either nothing or some random bitch that's not even worth it (not me personally, im very picky, but my friends wouldn't mind fucking a 4 or a fatty just to get laid that night). It obviously depends on where you're at, but generally, the most beautiful girls get swept off the floor at around 3-3:30 AM so you're left with leftovers after that. Is it worth your energy and productivity for the whole next day to chase 4's and 5's for a quick fuck?

Or wase case scenario end up with nothing. I would rather get a proper sleep, get my calories in for the day and wake up rested to hit the gym with full energy.

Napping - sometimes i would get home from university and be tired as hell, thinking i will just take a quick nap for an hour or two, then be thrown off waking up realizing that i fucked up, and i can't sleep at night for the next school day, because i woke up late. It's healthy sure, but either take it very early on or save it for weekends.

3 things i would like to add to the list.

1) Wake up and go to sleep at the same time every day. It does wonder for your body, your body will adapt quickly and it will be easier getting up the next day, getting a proper REM sleep cycle instead of one where you get up at random times. It got to the point where i literally didn't have to set the alarm clock for school because my body would wake up exactly 20-30 min before, every single day. It's fascinating.

2) We have all heard this one before, but it's legit. I tried it and it helped me fall asleep so much faster. Meditation combined with putting your phone on silent and leave it until the next day. Meditation because it helps clear your mind before going to sleep. I am sure more people struggle with this, but i find myself thinking a lot every night, going through what happened today, analyze it, think about a lot of useless random things that are already in the past. The only thing you'd want to focus on is the next day, so clearing these thoughts will help you sleep worry free. I switched out my phone with a book that i will read 30 min every night before going to sleep.

3) Make sure your room is very dark, and have minimal lighting on, preferably 1-2 hours before you lay down to sleep. Your body reacts to the darkness thinking it's time to sleep because it's programmed to. If you absolutely have to use your computer at night, use a program called f.lux. It removes the blue light and helps the strain on the eyes and helps with sleep. You can read about it here: https://justgetflux.com/research.html

If you're interested in some supplements that will put you to sleep like a baby and without any side effects, try Vitamin B-6, L-theanine, 5htp and ZMA.

Messages In This Thread