rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Corporate Life Lounge - career advice, stories, game etc.

The Corporate Life Lounge - career advice, stories, game etc.

So I talked to a few veteran posters and thought a thread to centralize all thing corporate related would be a good idea. Especially given the number of small-ish threads related to corporate life.

Preface:

The general spirit of the forum is fuck the rat race and become independent. That's all well and good but for the vast majority of us it is either not feasible in the immediate future or not desirable, for various reasons.

Not to mentioned that we have a few posters here who have figured out a way to make the system work for them, or manage to get both success and stability out of it. I believe their input will be invaluable for younger posters here (me included) for whom the corporate work place has become increasingly volatile.

What this thread is:

-Networking between white collar RVF members. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL INFO REGARDING YOU OR OTHER POSTERS ON HERE. All such exchanges by PM or eventually offline groups.

-Ask questions and give advice regarding all things corporate related. Game included with caveat (see below)

-Cautionary tales (without fear mongering)

-Exchange random stories and fun.

What this thread is not:

-Beating the dead horse on corporate life. Everyone knows it sucks and why you should quit, but this thread is created precisely to improve the situation not bitching. You are welcome to vent or post about incidence and cautionary tales in the work but do not turn this into a 10-page rants about why you hate your job and your boss is a cunt (there's the Haters Lounge for that)

-Discuss starting your own business. This is great but we have another lounge for that with awesome ideas that I encourage everyone to visit.

FAQ and General Advice:

Q: how should I dress for work?
A: Assuming a white collar job this still should vary greatly depending on your job, the company etc. But the general advice is to dress one or two level above the AFC in your company. If everyone is in pants and polo, get a nice fitted dress shirt. If everyone is suited, get a custom suit with a nice tie.

Another advice I heard is to emulate the style of the most successful and charismatic guy in your field. And I don't mean Cuckenberg or Steve Jobs unless you have fuck you money.

Q: there's this girl in the workplace. How should I game her?

A: MOST COMMONLY ASKED QUESTION. 99% of the time you don't, simple as that. There's just no good that can come of this and no pussy worth the price given this era of me too.

However, with that said, the truth is that a lot of people still date and marry from work, and not everywhere is a metoo nightmare like in Anglo countries. I'm in Paris and I see quite a few workplace couples that works.

I've also know quite a few Machiavellian players who managed to game the powerful women at work and turn them into kittens without getting metoo. This is another level of game and whoever has done it is encouraged to share it here.

Q: How should I treat co-workers?
A: the general trend seems to be shut the fuck up, don't gossip, get your work done and just do general banter while giving as little info on you as possible. Don't go out of your way to do favor for people but it's good to have people owed you a thing or two.

Personally, I feel like this is an Anglo-Saxon thing. Again, depending on the crowd but I don't see why you can't have fun at work. At my workplace I take my coworkers to lunch at my favorite Viet restaurants. Everyday we go down to play table soccer and have great fun. I host house party and invite them over. For me work is just another social circles and all the rules applied, but no reason not to have fun with it.

============================================

That's all I have for now, please everyone feel free to come in and share your experience.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Messages In This Thread