rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will Kavanaugh prove to be a tipping point against feminism and #MeToo?

Will Kavanaugh prove to be a tipping point against feminism and #MeToo?

I doubt it. Every republican I saw interviewed or giving statements besides Graham was incessantly doling out concessions to Ford and "sexual violence" and basically affirming the #metoo argument that sexual violence, sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, etc. are all major problems in the country and women need to be heard and it's important to bla bla bla.

Not one, not a single one could find the courage to say "Hey, things are actually not so bad for women right now." or "Hey, rape and sexual assault are at historic lows." or "Hey, this is having a terrible impact on men in this country and the natural relations between the sexes." or anything like that. None. Except Trump. That shows masculine related issues that we talk about on the forum are all but out of the minds of our most powerful politicians. There is no driving force to restore sanity. I never thought these kinds of things were on Trump's agenda and I still don't.

And honestly, if he had consensual sex with that woman, or was merely at the party in question, he would have been destroyed. This comically ridiculous allegation was eaten up by the true believers in this country. We have a long way to go. I don't even know when eyes will seriously start to be opened. The Duke lacrosse case was 12 years ago...twelve. That whole situation was a travesty and the whole nation was paying attention. Yet feminism essentially marched on unimpeded.

I still maintain this was only a turning point for them if they won, and a necessary victory for survival for us. We stopped the allies from establishing a beachhead but are still getting pushed on many sides. We need to win and win for a long time to have a chance at turning this around. If the new nationalist energized right in the country is already apathetic after 2 years of winning after 8 horrible years under comrade Obama, then I think we are really fucked. So we need to win in the midterms, that's the next battle.

Messages In This Thread