rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why do you pray? Or the purpose of prayer

Why do you pray? Or the purpose of prayer

I asked this question to a member of Hankmoody’s church (the only time I have really been to a church) and he mentioned the concept of rote or freeflow prayer. Judaism seems more rote or fixed formed. I’d love to hear your guys input on that. He also mention gratitude and other things. It doesn’t seem like an easy question to answer and seem to cause very long answers.

@LINUX- I wonder how you would do both? They do seem contradictory. The repetition seems like your clinging something, yet you are supposed to let go for faith to happen.

@built_to_fade- Wow that’s very well researched. I have trouble understanding King James English. Be thankfull for what I have is something I need to work on. I tend to overfocus on what I don’t have. When you seek guidance to receive it? Or is it your mind clears up and the answer is there?

@heavy- great reference. I guess the question there to ask is when to work and when to pray?

Messages In This Thread