rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing Annoying Person at Work

Dealing Annoying Person at Work

Hi all,

Would be good to get your opinions on something that's starting to grate at work.

Work on a team of 6 people in the office. One chap (John) in his late forties who I generally get on fine with has a habit of making digs from time to time.

I wondering whether to confront him about his latest episode. To give a bit of back story, there's a girl (Sarah) on the team who in the last few weeks has started making it pretty clear she fancies me. John sent a text message the other week telling me that she admitted to liking me for a while now and now I'm divorced seems to be making her feelings more open. I'm not interested as we know how work place flings aren't a clever idea at the best of times, and this girl is particularly loud and sits a few metres away from me - not someone I'd want to get on the wrong side of as she also gets on well with management.

Anyway, last week Sarah joked that I'd be the pretty one in the relationship lol, to which the chap in his forties said yeah you would under his breath.

Wind on to today. Just as I was leaving the office she joked saying about meeting up tonight whilst laughing. The bloke suddenly butted in and said 'to be honest you could do a lot better than him, you really could' in a serious- I said 'you're just jealous John' and I left the office, feeling pretty annoyed tbh. I'm not good at comebacks when people make comments like this, I lose my cool and start going dizzy so generally say nothing to avoid making something into a bigger situation.

All sounds a bit childish and probably is. I;m not interested in Sarah, but the comment has pissed me off a bit... more of an ego thing. I'm trying to laugh it off and putting it down as John being jealous .He's out of shape and just last week mentioned to me when we saw some nice looking women on the campus how he feels a bit sad knowing he's getting older and women like that are out of his league.

I'm torn in two on whether to mention it to him tomorrow morning when only me and him are around or whether to just laugh it off as a washed up jealous chap being a prick to make himself feel better. People on row of desks behind heard it, if it was just amongst the 3 of us it wouldn't annoy me so much.

CHeers,

Messages In This Thread