rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Senior scientist at CERN suspended for saying men invented physics

Senior scientist at CERN suspended for saying men invented physics

An interesting test I occasionally give to people to see if they understand science is the following: You have a series of numbers. 2 4 6 8. You need to figure out the pattern, and can can ask whether any other following number fits the rule, and I will say yes or no. Invariably, most people guess 10, I say it fits, then immediately say the rule is even numbers. Guessing 10 however gives you no new info. The first 4 series matched that pattern. If you think it's even numbers, then you need to guess 9 or 7. Then when I say yes that also matches the pattern you realize 'even numbers' has to be wrong. And therefore it must be "single digit numbers", or "any increasing set of numbers" etc, and have to ask again, the whole time eliminating things you can confidently say *aren't* the case, until you're left with only one idea that is.

That's the thing here. Everyone says women are prejudiced against, so they go looking for data that fits like the names on resume test. That's the equivalent of guessing 10. This guy here guessed 9, more or less proved the expected pattern was wrong, and pissed a lot of people off.

As a slight aside I just read that a Canadian lady is getting the Nobel prize for Physics for the first time in 55 years. I honestly have no problem with this, and commend her for her work obvious high level work, but unfortunately I hope the specter of political correctness didn't influence the judges opinions, thereby casting a shadow on her work like happened with Malala a few years back.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/nobel...-1.4846644

Messages In This Thread