rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SJW Diversity Policing in Entertainment

SJW Diversity Policing in Entertainment

This affected the Young Adult novel market and not in a good way.

I've been a fan of author Sarah Dessen since I interviewed her about ten years ago. She wrote believable stories about white suburban teens in various modes of crisis.

Even though her books were from a female point of view, she was good at understanding "teen guy" culture, and this especially goes for my favorite of all her books "Along For The Ride," in which the male leads are competitive cyclists.

I've read all of Dessen's books except her newest one, "Once And For All," which I stopped reading about three chapters.

SJW fever seems to have gotten to this author. It felt like the cliched "diverse" cast of characters were picked by a committee, not the author herself. As such, the characters came off as wooden and predictable and the story line itself was not engaging.

(For those of you who never heard of Sarah Dessen, two of her early books were used as source material for the 2003 teen movie "How To Deal," which features Mandy Moore at 18 looking pretty fine, even with short hair.)

Messages In This Thread