rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Linux has been infiltrated by SJWs

Linux has been infiltrated by SJWs

Quote: (09-26-2018 02:14 AM)Glaucon Wrote:  

Quote: (09-26-2018 02:10 AM)Tiger Man Wrote:  

So, any idea on alternatives? If for nothing else, then simply as a back up plan. BSD? Darwin? illumos? The problem is so many of these projects get opened and then die a few years later. At least Ubuntu and Fedora have had some staying power.

I am afraid we have run out of places to run to

Well, it's back to school for me to get that PhD in computer science that I never wanted.

But seriously, if this and many of the other posts on tech don't drive it home, I think it is incumbent upon any man who is remotely concerned about this kind of stuff to beef up his tech knowledge and skills. I am just old enough to remember when home computers weren't as user friendly. I remember booting out of the old DOS, etc. This actually got me interested in writing basic batch files and messing around. But the companies made these systems (specifically the OSs) way more "user friendly". As a result, I have several younger family members who are in no way as tech literate as I am. That isn't how that is supposed to work. They are supposed to laugh at me for not knowing how to program my DVR while they figure out the easiest way to torrent GoT.

I think it has come full circle for the serious. These systems are so "user friendly" now that they "help" you by storing all your usage data and phoning home or they "help" you by directing you to the search results that support their right-think. I guess the time has come to either Luddite it up or serious dig in to some "tech homework".

Currently out of office.

Messages In This Thread