rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Linux has been infiltrated by SJWs

Linux has been infiltrated by SJWs

I heard about this, I also heard that the ones who would be "kicked out" would take their code copyrights with them, crippling Linux, and everything that uses it.

This is probably the best "biting the hand that feeds them" example that the modern tech world has given us, as this could crash the functionality of the whole internet, seeing how almost everything server-side runs on linux.

Linux devs threaten to pull contributions
Quote:Quote:

Open source legend Eric Raymond says threat is real as culture wars rear their ugly head.

Open source legend Eric S Raymond has weighed in on governance of the Linux Kernel after developers threatened to withdraw their code from the OS.

The new Code of Conduct adapts the widely-used Contributor Covenant and lists several examples of “unacceptable behavior” but has not gone down well with some in the kernel development community. Some developers, believing the new Code will inevitably see some people banned from kernel development, have even suggested that excluded developers should band together should rescind the grant of their code to the project under provisions of the Gnu Public License.

Doing so would remove their code from the Linux kernel, potentially wreaking havoc for billions of users who rely on Linux to power servers, appliances or smartphones running Android. While the bulk of contributions to Linux now come from large corporations, an effort to replace withdrawn code would not be simple or swift.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Messages In This Thread