rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The David Icke thread

The David Icke thread

Quote: (09-24-2018 09:06 AM)Richard Turpin Wrote:  

My UK-based brethren will confirm this, but it's difficult for people of a certain age to think of David Icke as anything other than a football/snooker presenter. At one time in the 80's his profile was huge. So huge, that when he suddenly (and jarringly) started wearing purple tracksuits and talking about the Queen being one of the Lizard people, the media here absolutely crucified him. I think he did Wogan (big UK talk-show) once and his standing was never the same after that.

I'm with you, I haven't watched or read much of his stuff, but occasionally I've stumbled over a video or a quote by him that makes perfect sense. Until he starts talking about Lizard people. Fascinating character and I'd love to know what others on the forum who've followed him more closely have to say.

I remember it. As you say it was a very sudden fall from grace. He went from being a pretty big celebrity to being a figure of ridicule in the media over night. He didn't make himself look good on Wogan.

But this was all pre internet. People think that the media is biased these days but in those days there were 3/4 TV channels, Radio (BBC), and newspapers, and that was essentially it. Guys like Icke would never had a platform in those days. (even in the USA Alex Jones' career would have started and ended with him shouting CONSTITUTION! at Piers Morgan. )

If you think about the internet it's pretty amazing that the elite has managed to produce a generation like milennials where everyone basically thinks the same thing (95% anyway.). I certainly remember there being more different opinions heard in life back in "the day". Like when there was actually a real difference between political parties. I think a lot of it is because female social networks have largely taken over and offending and standing out have become very bad. The way women act (female social networks) is essential how public life has become now. But I digress.

I honestly don't know what to think of David Icke as some of the stuff he says seems totally mental and some of it very interesting. Some of the quite far fetched conspiracy stuff contains a few kernels of truth. I thought that stuff he's said about "child protection" (in the UK) was really interesting and quite scary.

Messages In This Thread