rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

British Army drops push-ups and sit-ups 'cos they are too hard for Women

British Army drops push-ups and sit-ups 'cos they are too hard for Women

I almost choked on my cereal reading this the other day.

Here's the article;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7324009/ar...ess-tests/

(Looks legit. The Telegraph reports it too, but it's behind a paywall).

Quote:Quote:

A NEW gender-neutral Army training regime sees press-ups and sit-ups dropped for a more "achievable" fitness test.

The new assessments will be rolled out next year because the enemy "doesn't care about gender or age".

For 20 years, fitness assessments were focused on aerobic fitness, demanding stamina, muscular endurance and strength.

Under the new system soldiers will have to do a 4km march carrying 40kg of equipment in less than 40 minutes, followed by a 2km march carrying 25kg of equipment in under 15 minutes.

Soldiers will then have to complete a fire and move exercise in less than five minutes, followed by a 20m drag of a 110kg weight.

Field Army Sergeant Major Gavin Paton said: "I don't care if you are a man or a woman, I don't care what you do, and the enemy doesn't either.”

The new tests, devised over a period of three years in conjunction with the University of Chichester, aim to more closely replicate combat scenarios by mimicking real-life military tasks.

Speaking at the Army base in Aldershot, Lance Corporal Nicola Cotton of the Scots Guards said the move was "really positive".

She added: "People underestimate females in the British Army. I think it is about time we upped the ante and make it equal and not make allowances for gender or age."

Lieutenant Colonel Anne Fieldhouse, from the Royal Army Military Corps, said the new tests need to "fit with the modern approach" to sports science.

Sgt Maj Paton said he could not comment on whether the new tests would impact on the recruitment of women and older people into the Army, but anybody who meets the physical requirements is "more than welcome".

Just another nail in the UK's coffin, nothing to see here. My own view is that in peacetime, cucked countries like mine think they can afford to just piss about with these crazy ideas to keep the women and shitlibs happy. But once shit gets real, it will all get pushed aside overnight like the self-indulgent idiocy it undoubtedly is.

At least these are just fitness assessments and not entry tests ... oh wait..

Quote:Quote:

Similar changes to Army entry testing are set to be announced in December.

I've never served in the forces (regretfully) but I've family in there. And they aren't happy with how things are going, not one bit.

These new fitness criteria (the weight drags and marches etc.) are ok in themselves (though not taxing) but why not retain push-ups? Oh yes, I forgot; because women just can't do them. That's the only reason why.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Messages In This Thread