rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone else get pulled in by the allure of drugs?

Anyone else get pulled in by the allure of drugs?

Quote: (09-27-2018 05:00 PM)jordypip23 Wrote:  

Alcohol is the thing I gotta watch out for. Took like a 3 month break beginning of the year, but of course the allure of summer partying got me back into the mix a little bit. I don't guzzle the beers (especially heavy craft beers) like I used to so I too managed to shed a gut thanks to the diet change combined with some solid cardio. I definitely avoid drinking every day. I avoid drinking alone. I'm typically drinking mainly in nightlife situations (mainly weekends & not even every single weekend) & in those situations I definitely got a weak spot for the mid to high grade vodkas (baseline being Tito's). I avoid mixing with sugary bullshit these days. I cut out the sugary sodas & juices from the equation.

No matter what I do, my judgement does start to blur a little bit once the alcohol starts kicking in. I also have a tendency to get a little bit manic & abnormally high energy when that buzz kicks in as well (kind of helps with "clown game" & "dancefloor game"). Got a portable BACTrack breathalyzer in my car to ensure that I don't end up driving drunk. Always got backup options on deck like hailing an Uber.

Fortunately I have not blacked out from alcohol since early May 2016. That is a feeling that I wish to never experience again & I definitely experienced it several times throughout my 20's (I'm in my mid-30's now).

I got that "energetic drunk" you described. Jordan Peterson said if you get energetic or highly euphoric it could be genetic alcoholic tendencies (interesting video I will look for later if I remember.)

Messages In This Thread