rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone else get pulled in by the allure of drugs?

Anyone else get pulled in by the allure of drugs?

Why do people like drugs? Because they work!

But, if you can't control your drug use/consumption of alcohol, it's best to avoid all together. Besides, you plainly admit that your life is better now and it was shit back then. You have your own positive proof of why you should avoid them.

Years ago, I had a terrible problem with alcohol abuse. I tried cutting back. I tried treatments. I tried substitute meds. The only thing that helped in the end was going cold turkey. Nowadays, I have to be very disciplined about my alcohol use. All it takes is one vacation or friends coming from out of town to visit--those "special occasions" conducive to a binge session and I can sense that I'm going down a path that's hard to come back from...

I'd say just stay without it. Besides the addiction aspect, it's also unhealthy, financially costly, and leaves you less focused and less productive.

Messages In This Thread