rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Avoiding Deep State-Corporate Data Harvesting Datasheet

Avoiding Deep State-Corporate Data Harvesting Datasheet

Quote: (09-25-2018 02:59 PM)Valentine Wrote:  

LineageOS without GApps - so many apps rely on Google Mobile Services, especially for notifications and the maps API.

Yeah. I don't personally use it, but it's about the best option for those that want to disconnect from the Apple or Google ecosystem of services and still use a modern smartphone. That's a bit tricky at the moment, especially if you're like me and have quite a few very useful apps that you've paid for over the years and are tied to licensing through Apple or Google. FOSS and FDroid hosted alternatives are catching up, and many of them are better, but overall they've still got a ways go.

That's the reason I'm still running stock firmware. That, and there's still no official LineageOS build available for my device. It'll be nice when/if one gets officially built and maintained. It'll save me a whole lot of time down the road, that's for sure. Until then, I've modded and stripped mine down to the point that it is almost as bare as LineageOS, but still am able to use the Google framework so my paid apps and so forth run properly.

Messages In This Thread