rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Losing 10% body fat - need advice

Losing 10% body fat - need advice

Quote: (09-28-2018 03:46 PM)mickeyd Wrote:  

Count your calories and learn what a serving size really looks like for the foods you eat.

^ this

I’d had some success with low carb, but plateaued a couple of months ago, even after switching up and resetting (the low carb diet).

Tried fasting, but found myself eating more at the end of the fast, and either being the same weight or gaining a pound or two.

About a month ago I started calorie counting. I’ve lost 11 pounds since, and that’s even with a couple of unplanned cheat days (there are a couple of dishes served at family gatherings that I have a hard time resisting).

Over the last month I’ve been eating whole wheat wraps, with cheese, meat, a little lettuce, maybe some bacon bits, and (depending on the size of the wrap) either sour cream or taco sauce as dip.

A quick note about the sour cream and/or taco sauce. I struggled the first few days going overboard with those. Spent some time in the store finding low or no calorie condiments, which has made a big difference.. it wasn’t doing any good to make 3 wraps totaling 1000 calories if the sour cream added another 300/400.
So switching to lite sour cream dropped that to 200. And Ortega Taco sauce has 5 calories per serving, where Taco Bell sauce has 0. Easy call there.

Done right, it still affords me a little room for ice cream.

And to top it off, I’ve found myself smoking cigarettes less (from a little over a pack a day to about 10-12 a day).

Your mileage may vary, but so far I’m a strong advocate for calorie counting.

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Messages In This Thread