rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Losing 10% body fat - need advice

Losing 10% body fat - need advice

I think the case is that people's bodies react quite radically differently to diet and exercise. I have barely exercised for 2-3 months due to injury and being busy and a still have abs and am probably no more than 13-14%. One thing I've noticed also is that if I have several drinks one night, the next morning I will always wake up with noticeably lower body fat. This seems to be the opposite of most. I think it's because alcohol causes my body to burn fat.

I've also fluctuated lower in the past, even when not exercising, down to about 10%. This happens sometimes when I'm in hot countries, sometimes not.

I've tried things that have worked for others, like low carb diet, eating less. Doesn't make any difference. I am the same if eating one or four meals per day.

The only thing that I've found that works for me beyond loosing 1-2% from exercising is cardio-dumbells, like Shaun T: Assylum - Strength.

I think the best way is to try several things for one month each to see how they go and stick with whatever works. So go low carb, try carnivore or paleo diets, try adding cardio dumbells, try adding or removing certain things from your diet and whatever else works for other people.

I think most people have a genetic base to their body fat. So your base with exercise is about 20%. Mine is about 12%. It seems to be really difficult to push below what your body has been programmed to store. So as we differ in our base body fat levels, we also differ in what may convince our body to shave off a few more percent.

This year I was at the gym in Russia and was surprised in the lack of definition that people have to their bodies. Most people are working out several times a week just to avoid manboobs and a fat gut. Only about 1-2% of guys are decently ripped or better.

Messages In This Thread