rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When was the happiest period of your adult life?

When was the happiest period of your adult life?

By adult life I mean sometime after 22/23 as Uni life in many cases is a form of extended adolescence. If you joined the workforce or military before that age feel free to comment.

Answers like "when my son was born" or "the day I became a millionaire" don't count because those are once in a lifetime highs as opposed to periods of extended satisfaction with life.

The point of this thread is to figure out what common as well as uncommon themes contribute towards a happy life so please be specific with regards to what made that period of months or years the best. Hopefully, we can all learn from this.

I will start. The happiest period of my life was a stretch of about 8 months around age 26. I was working for my father learning how business works. I got to work at 7 and was back home by 3:30 or 4 most days. Afternoon nap followed by gym and dinner with family. I was lifting 6 days a week and eating fresh healthy food. I only had sex with one girl during that entire time. My ex-girlfriend who was not as hot as other women I've dated but she loved me and I was very fond of her. I was drinking very little and reading a lot of classic novels. I was especially inspired by Meditations by Marcus Aurelius and tried my best to live a life according to Stoic ideals. Once a week or so I met up with my old friends from high school and had a nice dinner together. Sunday mornings I went to church.

Currently, I'm working and studying 10- 14 hours a day, waking up at 5 am and taking cold showers, eating low carb, travelling quite a bit, making more money and dating around. Social circle has expanded. According to self-improvement Twitter I am on the right path but I feel less satisfied.

Maybe self-improvement Twitter is wrong. Maybe theres nothing wrong with a simple life.

Would like to hear your personal experiences and opinions.

Messages In This Thread