rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are your hobbies?

What are your hobbies?

Quote: (09-29-2018 11:39 PM)JackinMelbourne Wrote:  

Quote: (09-27-2018 09:37 AM)pk9090 Wrote:  

Think this can add something to the hobbie discussion. I guess the more hobbies the better, for meeting people (females in particularly).

Until you spread yourself thin and realise you've been pissing away too much money on too many different things that you hardly ever have time to do because you can't be doing all of them simultaneously...

And on that note I'm going to throw another direction at this thread: HOBBY STACKING.

Kind of like skill stacking where your hobbies complement each other and your lifestyle in general.

For me I've found that hobbies such as fishing are a waste of time because they are huge time hogs and remove you from environments where you can get laid or meet people. BUT if you combine fishing with boating, you can now take people out on your boat for "fishing" trips and run social circle game.

Other hobbies that are a total waste of time are anything where you lock yourself away in a room for extended periods on a regular basis. That's things like computer gaming and music production for example.

Music production can be salvaged if you use it to make pocket change or if you stack it with *performing* (DHV) in the music scene... Something to stack with things like music production or photography is weight lifting. It brings balance to a hobby that is the opposite of physical and would have you waste away otherwise. It improves your image and well being. How many unhealthy loser musicians die of suicide each year!?

Computer gaming is a straight up death sentence. It does nothing to benefit other areas of your life so you would need a strong hobby stack to counter it. Smoking weed and gaming is a very common shit-stack! Double death sentence. Driving simulator gaming and racing real cars on the other hand is a much better stack because they both complement each other (knowledge transfers across) and racing real cars gets you social in the real world and maybe gets some pussy wet too.

What are some examples of hobby stacks that you guys leverage to save time and money?

The point of hobbies are to do things that are relaxing and enjoyable, independent of whether they have direct productivity or not.

Both music production and computer can be leveraged into making money, and of course socializing. Not sure how playing video games or collaborating on a song with other people is not a form of socialization. You're thinking too linearly.

Messages In This Thread