rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving Out vs. Saving Money

Moving Out vs. Saving Money

OP, both Crash and Thing are spot on here.

I'm currently in a similar position to you. I'm 25 and just quit my full-time job in order to go back to University to finish off a masters degree. My aim is to get the degree finished ASAP (~9 months) and then work on my business idea.

I initially thought that I'd move closer to uni for more independence, and I'd get a part-time job to cover my living expenses. But, I didn't take into account that this would conflict with my goal of getting the degree done and starting the business ASAP. As Crash mentioned, I'd effectively be wasting time doing errands (groceries, washing, cleaning etc.) and working in a shitty part-time job to make ends meet. I'd also have hardly any spare time to date girls. So, I'm now staying at home (will be commuting to Uni 1x a week) until the degree is done and I get traction with the business (~3 months of reliable income), or the business fails and I'm forced to look for a job (based on my masters degree).

By staying at home you'll have far more time to work on making $$$ and will also have less stress as you won't need to waste time on errands. Moving out just to potentially get a bit more skirt isn't a good idea if your goal is to make bank. Your time to do so is limited given that energy levels deplete with age - your 20's are therefore a fantastic opportunity to make something of yourself financially.

I can understand that it may feel emasculating given your age, but a) it's only temporary, and b) don't give a fuck about societal norms which dictate what you should/should't be doing with your life. If you're trying to achieve something that 99% of the world's population will never bother to attempt, their opinions are invalid anyway.

Messages In This Thread