rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving Out vs. Saving Money

Moving Out vs. Saving Money

Get out ASAP.

My brother moved back home during college. It's been 7+ years now. He's saved up a shitload of money, but keeps holding off on making the jump to buying a home or renting an apartment.

I struck out on my own since I was 18 which means higher debt, expenses, etc. I lived in 5+ states from age 18-22, paid out of state tuition, and generally built up a lot of debt with student loans.

My brother is only a year older and I'm sure he looks a lot better than me on a balance sheet or credit report. But I'm at least a decade ahead of him in life experience. He's lived in the same city his entire life, doesn't take risks or chances. He's finally got a serious girlfriend who is getting him out of his comfort zone. My wife and I got them to go to Rio with us and it was his first time out of the country. He had a blast.

yankeetravels, what do you want in life? I'm sure you don't picture your parents as roommates as you reach 30. It might hurt financially for a little bit, but you can't put a price on your freedom.

Messages In This Thread