rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Huffington Post: "Everything You Know About Obesity is Wrong"

Huffington Post: "Everything You Know About Obesity is Wrong"

This is just statistics 101.

The difference in height between the tallest man in the world and the shortest man in the world is bigger than the difference between the average male height and the average female height.

The differences in health metrics between the least healthy obese person and the most healthy obese person ("person classified as obese") is going to be greater than the difference in the average obese person and the average normal weight person.

I thought we all knew this. Even so, I'm guessing if you grouped these people classified as obese and divided them into those with unhealthy metrics vs healthy metrics, it would be pretty easy to guess which group was which.

Fat slobs (ie people classified as obese who have poor health metrics) live unhealthy lives. Even if this is caused by predisposition, there are plenty of people who struggle with their weight who live healthy lives. The fat slobs are simply the ones unlucky enough to draw the genetic fat gene and are also living an unhealthy life.

This is one of those pointless articles that doesn't really say anything. In other news:

"Some women gravitate STEM"

"Pit bulls can be great family dogs"

"Men sometimes get laid without initiating contact"

Give this person the Pulitzer.

(I am a bit biased on the subject though)

There's this weird thing going on where people say "don't judge a book by it's cover", and we say ok, right, I get that. We all get that. But practically, fatter books are longer. And they go "YEAH BUT THAT's NOT ALWAYS TRUE". Right, I know. We can all agree on that. But practically it's true. Reminds me of this:
[Image: horse-blinders.jpg?433]

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Messages In This Thread