rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Huffington Post: "Everything You Know About Obesity is Wrong"

Huffington Post: "Everything You Know About Obesity is Wrong"

Quote: (09-22-2018 05:37 AM)John Silva Wrote:  

What really impressed me was, a few months before he died, he asked me a lift somewhere, not far, you could easly walk, I was a litlle surprised because it was a very short distance, but then I remembered that for him, that small distance was like running a marathon.

I work with a fat girl and our offices are on the third floor. We occasionally have meetings on the ground floor. A couple years ago she started wearing a Fitbit. When the meetings would end I would head to the staircase while she would take a couple of steps to get to the elevator. It seems like some people think the Fitbit will actually do the work for them and just having it on is good enough. Two years later the Fitbit is gone, but...you guessed it, she's still fat.

I didn't read the HuffPost article (I prefer not to subject myself to their brand of "journalism"), but even in all their righteousness I doubt they addressed the real issue - that obesity and especially morbid obesity is a physical symptom of a psychological problem. Getting to that level of giganticness is the result of many decisions over time. Once you have to get a completely new set of clothes that should signal something, but they plow ahead until they go through that set of clothes and need a new one all the while never thinking to change their behavior.

I would guess that in most of these cases there's some kind of lingering trauma or abuse and when forced to confront it they just gorge themselves instead of addressing the issue. This is not to excuse the fatness. It's quite the opposite. If our society is going to get physically healthier then we're going to need to get our shit together psychologically. So instead of complimenting massive fat people for being beautiful we should really encourage them to face whatever the real issue is and take back control over their lives.

Psychological and physical health are one and the same. It shouldn't be surprising that as our society becomes more mentally unhealthy as isolation increases (fueled by social media, etc.) our obesity rates continue to skyrocket.

Now for a "lighter" moment. You can just think of this whenever you see a big porker bumbling down the hallway towards the pizza in the break room:

Messages In This Thread