rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Got the HIV... Warning to RVFers

Got the HIV... Warning to RVFers

I have to say this is a fascinating topic.

I did a bit more research and I found 2 things:

1. "Based on the findings of three separate high-quality studies, the CDC now reports that the risk of HIV transmission from someone who is on “durable” antiretroviral therapy (ART) with viral suppression is 0 percent. The studies used to make this conclusion noted that transmission events, when they occurred, were due to acquisition of new infection from a separate, non-suppressed partner. Because of this, there is virtually no chance of transmitting HIV with an undetectable viral load. Undetectable was defined differently in the three studies, but all were < 200 copies of virus per milliliter blood."

Daniel Murrell, MD (from Healthline)

2. There's a situation that can occur with HIV positive persons called 'blips' where viral load temporarily spikes, and often asymptomatically.

I think these blips change the moral implications a bit because it means that even if your effective transmission rate is zero because you're on the suppressive therapy, you can still have random increases in viral load of which you're not aware.

Messages In This Thread