rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Frat or D1 Athlete

Frat or D1 Athlete

Quote: (09-16-2018 08:26 PM)HighSchoolDude24 Wrote:  

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. My only concern is the huge time commitment it is to play at that level throughout the week I feel like I won’t have any time to actually party or go out it will either be school or practice while at a frat the frequency of parties a week is crazy and I could do whatever I want. Would you guys still say Lacrosse even with the time commitment?

I played Varsity, but not at a D1 school.

1) You will find plenty of time to party, and when you do, it will be with intention, not some random Tuesday afternoon.
2) You will gain time management skills, learn about competition, keeping your composure.
3) The competitive friends that you make on the team will become hyper achievers, and many of them will earn huge salaries. You will too, because you will share the lessons learnt and competitive edge learned in high level sports.
4) Chicks will dig it. You have social cred, anyone can join a frat. You will be more ripped than the frat boys and your team could kick their asses when needed.
5) You will come out of university (save a major injury) with a superior physique, confidence and athleticism. There are so many alums I know making great coin. Many are entrepreneurs.
6) Start telling the chicks now in HS how you are going to play D1, I bet it will play well with them.

The question you should be asking is, "how do I get my hands on a scholarship?". Listen, its not all talent, you have to market yourself and yes - BEGIN Busting your ass in the gym and devoting yourself to it. You would be surprised how dedication and focus can take you from "walk on" to 'scholarship', even if its a D2 one.

Any athlete who is half fratboy will quit in the first year. Lets face it, from what I saw, they were just soft lazy, and undisciplined.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Messages In This Thread