rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will crying inevitably destroy your alpha image?

Will crying inevitably destroy your alpha image?

I think it's cultural. In Latin America, a very machismo dominated region, even when tough guys cry, it's forgivable.

There's something about men, when we see another man laying it all on the line and still coming up short that is very upsetting. I don't think it means you're a pussy. It just means you can relate to the experience.

If I see a girl cry--I hardly pay attention. I expect girls to cry for any or no reason at all.

If I see a man crying, I have to take a deeper look. Something just happened that pushed him out of his "societally approved" level of displaying emotions. It's usually something very sad.

I'll tell you another secret: most men in combat sports (obviously, really tough guys) cry after a defeat. Wrestlers are notorious for it. I'd say MMA fighters are the second most. Boxers are not immune to it, but they usually look a mess anyway and it's hard to tell if they are crying, until they give an interview.

It's one of those things... I know people who have seen their friends die in combat and they don't shed a tear, at the moment. Then later on, they burst into tears when recounting the incident. I don't think any woman looks upon this negatively. If they did, then like the other guy just said, that's not a person that needs to be in your life.

If your eyes tear up during a movie, well... So be it.

Just don't become overdramatic and don't try to hide it too much. If you can hide it and get away with it, go for it, but don't make a fool of yourself over it.

Messages In This Thread