rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ready set code

Ready set code

Hey

I'm in the process of building out a new digital platform. For a certain infant industry we process data into actionable conclusions. I know this industry pretty well so I'm in charge of the logic, strategy and overall business part while my partner is responsible for UX, design and SEO.

I have a couple of questions related to solve development.

We have managed to secure development of the first version of the website, but have somewhere between 200-250 hours of backend tasks to be done after that.

We are doing a freemium model where first phase of monetisation is enrolled 2-3 months after first launch (Reason is we wanted to launch as early as possible is validation + be able to do multiple iterations of the solution early on).

Options are:
a) outsource to cheap labor. I've worked extensively with these types of devs in the past as an employee. This will cost a lot of management time in documentation, planning and quality assurance. They will execute code 90% as ordered at best and you have to think on their behalf. Benefits: It's relatively cheap, flexible and I know what I get

b) find a strategic partner. I don't know how to structure this. I know 'you'll probably get paid a few months in case it succeeds' kinda deal stinks ass.

c) find investor. Great to outsource risk like this and use someone else's money, but I assume time consuming.

We're open to invest a bit into this, but I want it to be lean and profitable as early on as possible. I have strong business experience, but I've never been in a position to deal with exactly this so if any of you fellas have some sharp advice here that would be most welcome.

Messages In This Thread