rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Curious health issue - kidneys?

Curious health issue - kidneys?

Hi, abdominal pain in general is a tricky business and pinning down the cause can not always be straight forward as the differential diagnosis list is long.

Checking for STIs and seeing a doctor are both great ideas and that’s where I would have started too.

Top of my differential for fever and loin pain would be pyelonephritis - an infection usually not sexually transmitted, testing the urine for infection with a dip stix test and sending a urine sample would be a good start when you’re unwell and treating with antibiotics if required. (A visit to the GP would be the best way to do this).

Your doctor thought it could be pneumonia, this can often cause abdominal pain so isn’t as weird as I’m assuming you think? Also the antibiotics often cover more than one kind of infection. If you choose to not take antibiotics your body may well kill off the infection itself (If present) but on the other side you could get more sick. I’d be very careful when choosing to not follow the doctors advice, perhaps asking the doctor why or how they came to their diagnosis might help communication on both sides.

If I were you - if I had no further episodes I wouldn’t worry since you’ve done tests for STIs and ruled that out. If you have further episodes I would take advice from a doctor you trust.

It’s good to do your own research just be careful it’s not making you anxious or costing you lots of money on potentially unrequired tests.

Also, can’t believe they sent you the Hep B normal result in that format what the hell are they thinking???

Take care

Messages In This Thread