rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Right wingers, "conservative" ideas you reject?

Right wingers, "conservative" ideas you reject?

Quote: (09-16-2018 04:57 PM)Castelnau Wrote:  

I think there should be more sympathy for your fellow citizens that are struggling financially. So for example when people denounce states for raising the federal minimum wage and gleefully report McDonalds is installing self-serve kiosks (as if they weren't going to do that anyway).

If you want to be a nationalist and patriot you can't just be for keeping out immigrants and owning libs you have to show some compassion for your fellow citizen even if they are a incompetent ugly low class fast food worker that gets your order wrong. I know raising the minimum wage can be counter-productive but just criticising people who want to do something and not offering any solutions is not acceptable. Same with single payer healthcare, how to help the homeless, college debts, etc, etc. A lot of conservatives just shrug and say government interference will lead to dependency. The average person may not buy SJW bullshit but they can get behind the idea that they're struggling financially and the rich are too rich.

Otto Von Bismark outflanked the german left by pre-emptively offering pensions and workers insurance. We already waste money anyway on stupid overseas wars and bases how about JUST ONCE we spend that money to help people financially even if it fails? Obviously the main problem is corruption and how to most effectively spend that money.

This is what I have been saying all along.

And this is the reason why I feel Trump won.

Many people, especially his die-hard supporters don't like hearing this, but he won because he went full liberal on a lot of these issues.

-He was against TPP when everyone else in the Republican party was for it.
-He was against NAFTA because it fucked over American workers
-He was against cutting social security, Medicare, and Medicaid
-He was for infrastructure spending
-He was for a Universal Healthcare Plan

^^^^ Notice that these are the same issues that progressives like Bernie Sanders are for. These are all Bernie issues. This proves to me that the average American doesn't care for buzzwords like "small government" or "fiscal conservatism" or "we need to 'reform' social securiy" People aren't for small government when it comes to their healthcare, retirement, or social security. They don't want to see these programs cut, and that goes the same for a person living in New York city and a rancher living in Alabama.

Trump railing against TPP and NAFTA

Trump promises not to cut SS, Medicare, and Medicaid

Trump announces infrastructure spending

I like how he points at the Democrats as in to say "this is your idea"

Trump for universal health care

He had to change his position a little bit during the campaign, but you can see where his heart is. He believes America should have universal healthcare.

Trump. The perfect combination of a conservative populist on social issues and an Economic liberal is what won him the white house. He basically told average Americans that its ok to be a conservative and be for medicare, medicaid, social security and universal health care, and to be against the war in Iraq. Oh and also "fuck Muslims and Mexicans" [Image: lol.gif], I'm Mexican and I aint even mad. Its good strategy.

Everyday conservatives are actually Liberal deep down. Who knew.

Messages In This Thread