rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Right wingers, "conservative" ideas you reject?

Right wingers, "conservative" ideas you reject?

A lot of the differences posted here by Brits/Europeans will be the differences that exist between the European right and the US one. Private health care, an obsession with free-market/neoliberal economics (profit over people), lack of concern for the environment etc. Now of course, as people above have demonstrated, plenty of those on this forum who are on the right and American also diverge from mainstream 'conservative' US thinking too.

The thing is, EVERYONE on here would be labelled a far right nazi if we went public. It's a meaningless term these days. If Alex Jones is a Nazi, even though he espouses similar stuff to that wrongheaded PJW tweet, then everyone is. Talking about that tweet, I don't know whether PJW believes it really, since he often retweets things that run counter to it. I.E Salvini's recent "We don't want Africans, we want Italians to have more babies" statement. I think, like Tommy Robinson, his private view is something closer to the latter, but he's protecting himself from banning and possibly playing into the left's frame by acting defensively.

Anyway I'm waffling. Things I disagree with that people on the "right" are supposed to support:

- I like universal health care (though acknowledge it, like other things, works best in a mostly homogeneous society where groups are working together rather than competing)
- I dislike neoliberal free market economics in the way they've been practiced for decades (humans as economic chess pieces)
- I like nationalisation of the railways and public utilities (it works very well in some euro countries, much better than UK)
- Guns... complicated, and don't want to derail thread
- Don't care about abortion
- I'd regulate the tech companies (though like most people I'm a hypocrite, if it was the Young Turks being banned like AJ, I'd be happy. The 'right' have played nice for decades and lost every culture war as a result. I'd rather soft Sharia than gay Pride parades every year. Most here would, which is interesting given how much we hate on Islam (to the point of encouraging it's destruction in some cases).)
- I'd like to see fascism tried again. Nazism was tried once, it ended with the holocaust - therefore everyone says "that's where it leads to". No, fascism in Italy didn't lead to anything like that. Communism has been implemented dozens of time and every time at the worst it leads in mass murder, at best in complete ruination of a country and its people. China today is not communist, it's state-run capitalism of a sort.

I could continue, but it feels like semi-autistic 'If I were a dictator' rambling.

Quote: (09-15-2018 06:15 AM)Thomas Jackson Wrote:  

The autistic libertarian view that all humans are interchangeable and GDP growth is the highest goal in policy also irks me. Nations and institutions come from the people if you replace the the people it is no longer the same nation. If you would sacrifice your nation for .1% more GDP growth you are a traitor of the highest order.

100% agree. I don't think it's just libertarians though, basically every Western politician (economists in fancy suits) since the war believe in this.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Messages In This Thread