rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Owen Benjamin Thread

The Owen Benjamin Thread

The real takeaway from Owen's Seinfeld rant is the danger of getting too deep into the idea that everything has some sort of subversive manipulative goal. No one that enjoys Seinfeld views the main characters as good people, and none will attempt to pattern their behavior after any of the characters beyond emulating the vapid joking patter that Jerry uses. Roosh himself advised this in Bang for guys trying to work on making smalltalk with women.

The humor of the show comes from the main characters overreacting on their negative self-centered impulses and then having it blow up in their faces at the end of the show. The reason we relate to the main characters is that we all have the same negative thoughts in the backs of our minds, but we don't act on them. In one episode George is publicly humiliated by his boss after he rage quits his job over a dispute about using the executive bathroom. George realized what a stupid thing that was and then tried to play it off by showing up to work the next day like he had never quit and the boss calls him out on it front of everyone. This is a perfect example of a gamma meltdown resulting in an alpha beatdown. More than any Vox Day lecture it actually gives an effective demonstration of why you don't want to be a gamma. George later comes up with a revenge fantasy of poisoning his boss and almost goes through with it, but then his boss admits he was too hard on George and gives him his job back. Of course the alpha boss can't help but follow up with some belittling comments that once again poke the gamma in his ego, so the episode ends with George's response: "Drink up!" The presumed ending is that George is out of a job, and the bully boss gets roofied. Both the gamma and the alpha got comeuppance for their negative behavior.

Owen wouldn't find this funny in the least, to him it would be the Jews trying to make everyone into a gamma like George picking on this poor hardworking boss who is just trying to manage his office. Amusingly an effective morality play showing socio-sexual hierarchy conflict is beyond the grasp of a guy who buys fully into the socio-sexual hierarchy, but so desperately wants to be an alpha that he's turned himself into a gamma. A gamma you say? Well look at his behavior:

Anyone who disagrees with him becomes a mortal enemy.
Criticism in chat = "You're banned!"
"I love this guy and he's a great friend, but now let him shittalk about him"
Knows it all, no intellectual humility
His professional failure must be him being persecuted no other explanation makes sense to him
Empty threats: "If someone creeped on my wife I'd totally murder him and get away with it!"
147 IQ smart boy

My recommendation to Owen if he wants to fix his comedy routine would be to use the word "puke" more. It's a funny word.

Messages In This Thread