rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Owen Benjamin Thread

The Owen Benjamin Thread

When you get some experience and intuition a lot of your impressions do not come from arguments, narratives, or the coherence of theories.

It is like the difference between spoken word and body language.

Obviously the subject matter and how it is presented is important. The problem is, often, if someone says something that is in alignment with our views, we tend to focus on that entirely and ignore red flags that come from other kinds of input.

How someone expresses something, how vociferous they are about an issue and then, the next day, just as passionate about an opposing view.

How quick they are to judge other people and, once having judged them, how amenable they are to any sort of attack, such as some physical attribute that the other person cannot help.

The people they are drawn to as well as the people that they choose to go after.

And a big one, the look in their eyes. Is it righteous anger or do they seem disturbed? Is their happiness sincere or is it manic glee?

Do they claim to have values that they ignore totally a few sentences later?

Do they come down hard on every little thing on other people but let themselves off the hook for similar behavior?

To me, Owen Benjamin's eyes look really bad. He has the persecuted resentful look of someone with a mental disorder. Not exactly sure how to explain it, but he reminds me of people who seem like they are about to lose it. You look in their eyes and feel as if they have taken something from you.

He is so so self righteous, being ultra judgmental about behavior he himself engaged in until recently.

I don't care if I agree with this argument or that at a certain point. Intention matters a lot, and his intention at the moment seems to be to pass himself off as some sort of secular John the Baptist, the lone voice crying out in the desert.

It seems like a fair number of other people are reacting to this vibe in this thread, and some aren't, just grinding away at analysis and doctrine.

He just doesn't seem well.

It could be that he swallowed too many red pills too fast and can't handle it emotionally.

Something is off though.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Messages In This Thread