rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What project management/calendar tools do you use?

What project management/calendar tools do you use?

1) Every day before you sleep, make a list of what you want to get done the next day. I have a pad with Monday-Sunday columns I use to fill these in.

2) For project management I just use a .txt file with three headings:

TASKS
SUBTASKS
DONE

I found anything more is overkill.

3) Keep a spreadsheet of all the areas of your life you need to work on, so: work, getting up at the right time, eating good, fitness. At the end of each day give yourself a score in each area and make notes on how you've done, good points, bad points. This way you can see if you are in a slack period and sort yourself out. You'll also spot certain trends in your inefficiency. For example, I realised that my work can be seriously slowed when either starting up a new job or when I have a lot of small jobs, particularly if they are thrown at me out of the blue. Solution is to cue up new jobs are remind myself I have an issue switching, so need to get straight into it; and to organise myself to do small tasks in a big swoop.

Messages In This Thread