rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When will the social media bubble pop?

When will the social media bubble pop?

Quote: (09-14-2018 10:08 AM)questor70 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-13-2018 03:06 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I think at some point in the future, the next generation will look back on these forms of social media the way we look back on LSD experimentation in the 1960s. They'll think "How stupid can they have been? How naive?"

I've been waiting for rap to die since 1983.

Point being that it may be wishful thinking to predict that one day people will just abandon their behaviors. We may have passed through a permanent culture-change whether we like it or not. As someone entering my late 40s, I don't think I'll ever get used to a lot of aspects of today's culture. The social media addiction is really just one part of the larger suite of generation gap sensations. And this is coming from a technophile. I've always welcomed and incorporated new tech into my life. It's how it's changed culture that makes me uneasy.

You may just be right about that. I forgot that to teenagers it's all new.

To continue your rap analogy, I might be bored with the rap on the radio now, but the things rappers are saying now are a revelation to kids who never heard NWA, Biz Markie, or Kool Mo Dee.

All that said, how could you dismiss rap after 1983? The classic period was probably 1983-1993. There were scads of great albums and hits then. I still listen to some of it.

By the way, Slick Rick's "Treat Her Like a Prostitute" was probably my introduction to Red Pill thinking. At the time, you didn't get viewpoints like that anywhere else. It's from '88 and I still have the vinyl LP with the black DefJam label!

Messages In This Thread