rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Not Sure If I Can Do Monogamy

Not Sure If I Can Do Monogamy

Quote: (09-12-2018 12:10 PM)Lunostrelki Wrote:  

I'm married and don't want to live in a society where sex outside of marriage is legitimized, any more than I don't want to live in a society where I have to wonder if the guy next to me in the bathroom is gay, or if my family members are inclined to incest. Men "not being able to do monogamy" is the exact same self-centered garbage as women justifying not being able to keep their legs shut. If you're not married, or don't care about social norms, do whatever you want. If you are, then part of owning the relationship is not being an adulterer.

That's a very black and white view of the world, and I hope you will be able to reconcile it with the shades of grey we live in today.

Social norms are another form of control. Marriage as a concept is outdated. Generally speaking, monogamy is outdated too. Of course, you have to pick and choose how to live your life, and maximize your own happiness.

I just wonder how much of monogamy is actually people consciously choosing it without bias, versus those who are misled to believe it's the only way?

Here's an honest question: What does sexual monogamy do for you in the context of a marriage?

I genuinely want to hear what you have to say.

Messages In This Thread