rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Amazon has banned Game and 8 of my other books

Amazon has banned Game and 8 of my other books

I think it is fully clear what it is going on here. We took too long to put the data points together and it might be too late, and well most people have not put the data points together at all yet. Let me explain what the situation likely is, byelaborating from the ground up how smart engineers with decent experience from working in silicon valley or NYC would execute this plan:

First of all you have to start from the roots: The people behind this hunt are most likely in the California coast or in the East coast. So it is very likely that the seeds were planted in either NYC, Silicon V or both. But there is only so much atomized angry people will do. Sure, they are angry, motivated, moderately smart and while integrated they mostly act on their own.

But the ground is seeded with motivation and the people involved are in positions in power. It only takes one person that knows well a few people to set up a Slack channel. Maybe at first just to complain between themselves. You have to understand that Slack channels can be set so that the company where they work might not even know the chat exists (Tech companies have complained that their own firms might have incel Slacks and they don't know how deep that goes).

But Slack is not just a chat, slack is a collaboration tool with many plugins, and you can also invite people and control a lot over the layout. Two things happen after: First, you bring in more people. What kind of people? People you work or used to work with that you know share your views. With the high turnover you will end up having, eventually, people from most companies or tech organizations.
Second, you use Slack ad-hoc to coordinate actions that their top people deem necessary and to the extent they can. Evidence for this was very likely the banishment of Anglin and the reaction to Charlottesville. They were reactive at first, not proactive.

But then again, Slack has got plugins and the software world has got what is called Agile Development, which you can apply to many things outside development. Two main things to keep in mind: A backlog and a Kanban board. So what they are likely doing now is adding people to the backlog that they want to digitally bring behind the house and make them disappear them forever, and for each week or 2 weeks the people in the Slack channel take anybody from the to-do column, add it to the "under work" column and act upon it with the other people in the channel. In this way, many like-minded people from many different companies that have monopolies over most online services get together to execute actions upon somebody in the "work" column. Evidence of this is the change in tempo and cadence in the last few months: the change from reactive action to systemic action.

Online Banishment and Censorship powered by Agile. Combining zealotry with the tools that initially made Sillicon Valley move fast in bringing ideas to reality.

What can be done? I hope you can speak Chinese. Or pray for a solar flare. Don't get yourself on the backlog.

Messages In This Thread