rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hurricane Florence - possible disaster of epic proportions

Hurricane Florence - possible disaster of epic proportions

Quote: (09-16-2018 05:16 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

The take away lessons from this is to have supplies at hand and dont live on a flood plain.

I was watching the news and reading stories and the sheer volume of people on the move just brought things to a standstill and like a preppers wet dream most of them needed immediate food, water and medical assistance.

How can you fuck that up so badly where you rely on the stretched authorities and wait in line for upwards of an hour or more to get basic supplies? There are hundreds of places to shop for food, water and containers to carry water etc before this thing comes near.

If something truly catastrophic were to happen across multiple states, the entire US or the world you can kiss millions of asses goodbye just off of these factors alone. If I had a family and I was exposed like that I'd need to take a good long hard look at myself and feel ashamed. God knows what would happen inside a week or more with no outside help and looting/riots taking place.

The reality is that in this day and age we can all be cast back to pre-electricity times in the blink of an eye, either by the sun or an act or war/sabotage.

I will never understand people who choose to live in flood-prone areas, but epic level shitstorms come in many shapes and sizes and nobody is safe from them no matter where they live. Everyone should have at least a months supply of food, water, medicine, and the guns required to protect it all. That is something virtually everyone is capable of committing to and it's cheap insurance in this day and age.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Messages In This Thread