rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online dating ratios: The real scoop, in detail

Online dating ratios: The real scoop, in detail

Quote: (09-11-2018 11:02 AM)questor70 Wrote:  

The main complaint women have isn't that there are too few men, but that they aren't the right men.

Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink.

Since women only experience men they "select", they view online dating as being skewed towards men's short-term hookup mentality. They don't realize that there is an army of men who aren't even getting a chance to demonstrate what they have to offer, or that by selecting Chad, they insure a pump-n-dump.

Women always blame men:

Quote:Quote:

She blames the “bro culture” of Silicon Valley and the tech genius of young menand a handful of female peers — who bonded in college and went on to build sites that suited their own social needs.

Obviously, the 80% of the 80/20 rule are invisible in this analysis.

The link to the How tech bros ruined dating for young people article is an excellent choice. It does illustrate the systematic exploitation of both sexes for monetary gains through human susceptibility to behavioural conditioning, and applied to online dating through gamification. Sadly, it does end with the online apps' users like "pigeons [...]transformed into compulsive gamblers, addicted to the high of occasional machine-driven winnings." There are a few winners at the top but the overall equation's net result is lose for all participants and win for the apps' creators.* The answer is simple. Bypass the middle-man who's a Shylock and trickster in disguise miming you with all that is gold but, in the long run, all that gold will turn in the ashes. Be your own sailor, choose real man's game, and navigate all that happens (and that can be controlled by you) under your command only in the real world.

* OK, women get lots of men to choose from, but it doesn't necessarily makes them happy thanks to paradox of choice as well as inherent instability of the dynamics these apps introduce into people's life. There's no striving to be better and to develop if there's always an elusive bigger, better deal out there for both sexes.

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

Messages In This Thread