rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Make Money While Traveling/Expatiating

How to Make Money While Traveling/Expatiating

Quote: (09-16-2018 03:05 AM)Stickman Wrote:  

Quote: (09-13-2018 08:43 PM)TopPanda Wrote:  

I've been making money online for 20 years now. But it's run its course really. I make a fraction of what I once did. To get something going now requires collosal effort. You'd be better doing something else.

I now make 3x more money from my investments than I do online. I'm invested in high yield stocks/bonds and rental property. I used to invest in P2P but the glory days are over on that as well. Investments are true passive income. Making websites or YT videos is NOT.

The most lucrative thing I do is teach at a Chinese university. I'm able to save a similar amount to what I did when I was working in London. But I only effectively work for 7 months of the year.

For the other 5 months I work on hopeless make money online schemes. Although I do seem to be having promising results starting a forum in the NSFW niche...

I was making money online since 1999. Every other week sure enough someone on the IM forums someone would say Internet marketing is over or how the good ole day is gone. Truth is, there has never been an easier time to make money online.

Back then, you'd have to know html or use something like dreamweaver. Now people are making millions filming themselves eating. There is some kids in the states that makes 14 mil a year reviewing toys.

You can travel across the world easily and hire talent on the cheap to scale your business. Back then outsourcing was a foreign concept.

It's hard now if you don't adapt yourself and grow with the times. If you keep doing what you did 10-20 years ago, you obviously missed the boat. There are more tools now than ever before. Everything is more easily accessible. Websites are easier to build. There are more competition but there are also way more tools to scale. You have to learn what those tools are and grow with it

You bring up a lot of good points.

I think it's important to mention that while the opportunity is greater, so is the competition. Niches get saturated fast, And automation is growing rapidly. Outsourcing is good for the business owner but bad for the freelancer. You have to be willing to work at competitive India prices.

I think that's really what most people are talking about when they say its harder to make money online these days.

Messages In This Thread